A friend came over today so we could look over the frames & brood together, maybe learn some things from each other. We cracked open each hive only to find most of them… gone.
- Max, the old Carniolan hive, is completely gone.
- Fred, the old Italian hive, is still there and has brood but is much, much smaller now. I figure it was one of the swarms from the other day. We took off everything but the one deep brood box.
- Fang, one of the new Carniolan hives, is completely gone.
- Snow White, the other new Carniolan hive, is completely gone.
- Honey, a new Italian hive, is completely gone.
- John, a new Italian hive, is completely gone.
- Phyllis, a new Italian hive, is still there but very small.
- Hans Huberman, a new Italian hive, is still big and doing well.
- The new swarm capture from the other day is still there and active. We didn’t even bother opening that one.
Bleh. I’m going to go stick my head in the toilet.